Vesper & Domino

Vesper & Domino
Vesper & Domino

Monday, August 23, 2010

Hollywood Genius or Prostitution


Well, while I wait for my vacation and get ready to upload pictures from my trip I thought I would pay my bro homage and post a small rant.

While Avatar was a very impressive movie I have to say that I am a little disappointed in Hollywood or James Cameron or whoever had the idea to re-release the movie less than a year after the original release with a whopping 8 minutes of extra coverage.  To me this seems like they deliberately left 8 minutes out of the original so they could re-release it and get everyone back in the theaters for 9 bucks a ticket for a second time.

I can't say I blame them.  If the cattle will pay again to see it, then buy the blu-ray a second time, then good for them.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry watching the exploitation of the human nature.  It is just a shame that Hollywood would stoop so low to shake the change out of the pockets of the people who are already paying a ridiculous price for movie tickets and DVD's.

6 comments:

  1. It's all because people don't get together and do something about it. If enough people got together with their copies of Avatar, invited the media, and had a HUGE burning as a protest, it might make enough noise to show these assholes that it really DOES piss people off. Imagine, you're James Cameron and ten thousand or more people come together and toss your movie into a fire and give it the finger as it burns. THAT might hit a nerve. Look how people said nothing to the insertion of commercials into cable tv that they were already paying cash for. The masses just can't come together to stop injustice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND JUST THINK OF ALL THE PEOPLE (ME) WHO BOUGHT A FUCKING DVD. but on a more subtle note it is good to see some action from the once-ler and maybe he will visit his blog a little more frequently

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Brian that is a very cool pic from the movie where did you find it ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, does that make James Cameron a "Twice-ler"? LMFAO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything to make a buck, right? If people are willing to pay to see that extra 8 minutes, then why not? Personally, I wouldn't shell out the money to see 8 minutes that I hadn't seen previously, but there's a lot of people who will, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As bro says; If I am the Once-ler then James Cameron is the Twice-ler!

    ReplyDelete